The Siege of Akaris
|Go to Armor Class||Go to Modern Hero/Archetypes|
|Go to Saves||Go to Human|
|Go to Attack||Go to Skills|
|Go to Specials||Go to Magic Items|
|Go to Traits||Go to Equipment|
|Go to Talents||Go to Money|
|Go to Feats||Go to History|
Languages: Germanic: (Dutch[Native], English, German), Semitic: (Hebrew), ASL & +1 ancient
AC: 22, Ballistic 22
touch 15, flat-footed 20 ( +2 Dex, +3 Armor, +7 Class)
DR: 3/-, Fortification: +10%
CMD: 20 ( +4 BAB, +1 Str, +2 Dex, +3 Class)
Fortitude: 4 (Con Path +2.5, Dex Path +2/3, Int Path +2/3, Con +1);
Reflex: 6 (Con Path +1/3, Dex Path +3, Int Path +2/3, Dex +2);
Willpower: 4 (Con Path +1/3, Dex Path +2/3, Int Path +3, Wis +0);
BAB: +4 (Con Path: +1, Dex Path: +1.5, Int Path: +1.5)
Str: +1, Dex: +2, Precise Shot,
Point blank shot +1 / +1 (included)
- +1 Savage ’99, Rate: Single, Range: 300,
To hit: +8 ( -0 recoil)
Damage: 2D10 +3, x3 type: P
Capacity: 6 internal
- Colt 1911, Rate: [Semi], Range: 30, Masterwork
To hit: +7 [ +4, +4] ( -1 recoil)
Damage: 2D6 +3, x3 type: P
Capacity: 7 Box
- Browning Auto-5, Rate: [Semi], Range: 40, Masterwork
To hit: +7 [ +4, +4] ( -1 recoil)
Damage 00 : 2D8 +3, 19-20 x2 type: P
Damage slug : 2D8 +3, 19-20 x3 type: P
Capacity: 7 internal
- Remington M10 pump-action shotgun, Rate: Single, Range: 30, Masterwork
To hit: +7 ( -1 recoil)
Damage 00 : 2D8 +3, 19-20 x2 type: P
Damage slug : 2D8 +3, 19-20 x3 type: P
Capacity: 5 internal
- Fireman’s Axe
To hit: +5
Damage: 1D8 +1, type: S or P
- CMB: +5
Hero Points: 10
Exploit Weakness: 5/day ( +4, +4)
- Drifter: Drifters are aimless wanderers who move between cities and countryside, working odd jobs until boredom or fate leads them elsewhere. Along the way, they learn strange customs and pick up interesting and diverse skills.
- Class Skills: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Craft (any) and Survival checks and Craft (any) and Survival is always a class skill for you.
- Wealth Bonus: +2 to one Profession skill.
- Precise Treatment: You treat others with a clear and calculating intellect.
- Champaign: Quantum Talent: Paladin’s Lay on hands with Mercies
- 1st: Empathy: The character gains a bonus on all Wisdom based skills.
- Benefit: The hero gains +2 to all Wisdom based skills.
- This Talent can be taken again and stacked.
- 3rd: Exploit Weakness Dutch sometimes knows just where to strike for the best effect.
- Benefit: Once a day per level (or for one Hero Point spent) the hero gets to include his Intelligence bonus with their Strength or Dexterity bonus on attack and damage rolls.
- RULE ADDED: Must select only 1 target for each use.
- This effect lasts for 1 round per level and is a free action to initiate and maintain.
- Human: Educated: The character has received schooling on a variety of subjects.
- Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on all Knowledge skill checks and can make checks with those skills untrained.
- 1st: Point Blank Shot (Combat): You are especially accurate when making ranged attacks against close targets.
- Benefit: You get a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet.
- 3rd: Surgery: Use the Heal skill to perform surgery.
- Prerequisite: 2 ranks in the skill Heal.
- Benefit: With a surgery kit, a character can conduct field surgery with a successful Heal skill check.
- Surgery requires 1d4 hours; if the patient is at negative hit points, add an additional hour for every point below 0 the patient has fallen.
- Each 1d6 of healing adds a + 1 to the DC modifier.
- The DC is 10 + 1 per d6 of healing.
- The surgeon can restore up to the patient’s full normal total of hit points, with a successful skill check.
- Surgery can only be used successfully on a character once in a 24-hour period.
- 4th: Precise Shot (Combat): You are adept at firing ranged attacks into melee.
- Prerequisite: Point-Blank Shot.
- Benefit: You can shoot or throw ranged weapons at an opponent engaged in melee without taking the standard –4 penalty on your attack roll.
- 5th: Armor Proficiency, Light (Combat)
- You are skilled at wearing light armor.
- Benefit: When you wear a type of armor with which you are proficient, the armor check penalty for that armor applies only to Dexterity- and Strength-based skill checks.
- Normal: A character who is wearing armor with which he is not proficient applies its armor check penalty to attack rolls and to all skill checks that involve moving.
Acrobatics, Bluff, Heal, Perception, Profession, and Stealth
(Skills added by Drifter trait: Craft(Mechanical) & Survival)
Hero Armor Class Bonus:
+7 (untyped) Bonus to AC (1/2 BAB (2) + base reflex save bonus (4)) +1
+3 (untyped) Bonus to touch AC (1/2 base hero Bonus)
+3 (untyped) Bonus to CMD (1/2 base hero bonus)
10 (1 +Level +Int Bonus)
The Modern Hero is proficient in all Simple [modern] Weapons.
A physician varies from a medic to a doctor. Just finished Residency.
- 2nd: Healer
- Benefit: The Physician can heal Hit Point damage 1d4 per ranks the Heal skill.
- In addition, for another Hero Point spent, the Physician can increase his healing dice by one (from a d4 to a d6).
Human Racial Traits:
- +2 to One Ability Score: Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature. Bonus can’t be in Dex.
- Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
- Skilled: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
- Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
[X] = Favored, Armor Penalty: -1
|[X]||Craft (Mechanical)||Int||11||1||4||3||3||Drifter, tool kit|
|[X]||Heal||Int||17||5||4||3||5||Precise Treatment, coin of Asclepius, Surgery Kit|
|Knowledge (arcana)||Int||9||1||4||0||4||Educated, Ring of Arcana|
|Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences)||Int||6||4||0||2||Educated|
|Knowledge (Current Events)||Int||6||4||0||2||Educated|
|Knowledge (Earth and Life Sciences)||Int||6||4||0||2||Educated|
|Knowledge (Physical Sciences)||Int||6||4||0||2||Educated|
|Knowledge (Popular Culture)||Int||7||1||4||0||2||Educated|
|[X]||Profession (Driver)||Wis||10||5||0||3||2||Empathy, Drifter: +2 wealth|
|Sleight of Hand||Dex||6||3||2||0||2||Concealed holster|
|[X]||Survival||Wis||11||5||0||3||3||Empathy, Drifter, Possible MW tools|
|Use Magic Device||Cha||1||1||0||0|
|Gear:||Book price||Final price||Net Worth|
| Bronze coin of Asclepius: an ancient Greek bronze coin with the symbol of the Rod of Asclepius on both sides. this subtle magic item helps in all manner of healing.
First it gives the holder the strength to carry the wounded out of harms way (Ant Haul, only to carry or drag the wounded [spell level 1 x caster level 1 × 1000 sc]/limitation (only to move wounded)) ~500 sc?
Second the holder gains a +2 competence bonus to Heal checks (bonus 2 squared x 100)x1.5 = 600 sc
Third when ever the holder makes a heal check wounds are always clean. (Prestidigitation, GM call on circumstance bonus to saves v. infection or poisons in wounds) ([spell level 1/2 x caster level 1 × 2000 sc] /limitation (only cleans wounds)= ~ 500 sc?) x1.5 = 750
Value: ~1850 sc
The coin has been mounted in a medallion and was loaned to Dutch by D’avin during the Great War.
|Ring of Arcana: +2 on all knowledge(Arcana) checks|
|Potions: 2 CMW @ 6th in 1 whiskey infused flask||600||0||600|
|Viels of Holy Water: 3
|Savage ’99, +1 Enchantment
Based on the Winchester 94
|Colt M1911 Master work||1000||1000||1000|
|Browning Auto-5 Masterwork
Based on the Benelli 121 M1
|Remington Pump M10
Based on the Mossberg 12-ga Shotgun
|Colt M1911 Holster, Concealed||40||40||40|
|Colt M1911 Holster, Crossdraw||40||40||40|
|.45 ACP 100 rnds
|Silver .45 ACP 50 rnds
|Cold iron .45 ACP 50 rnds
|.300 Savage 100 rnds
|Silver .300 Savage 20 rnds
|Cold iron .300 Savage 20 rnds
|Shotgun slugs 20 rnds
|Silver Shotgun slugs 20 rnds
|Cold iron Shotgun slugs 0 rnds
|Shotgun 00 buck 20 rnds
|Shotgun Rock Salt 20 rnds
|Leather Jacket +1 Armor, no proficiency required,|
|SOLD Light Undercover Shirt +1 Defense, Fortification: 10%, Max Dex: +7, Skill Penalty -0, not proficient||275||137.5||137.5|
|Masterwork Undercover Vest +3 Defense, Fortification: 10%, Max Dex: +5, Skill Penalty -1||500||500||500|
|Name: Jeep Super Wagoneer: 270 BHP of off-roading Hell Yes!
based on Jeep Commander
Type: Land Sq.: 2
Cost: Bonus $38k
Hit Points: 140
Base Save: +3
Max Speed: 175
Cargo Capacity: 500lb.
Based on the Jeep Commander
|MW Gunsmith’s Kit||65||65||65|
|Mechanical Tool Kit|
|2 Healer’s kit 20 applications
|Total Spent, Total Worth:||4009.6||7226.05|
|Total earned (As of 19 Aug 2016):||4275|
|Total Remaining Cash:||265.4|
|Money to Crafters:|
|2016_08_05 Starting money (1500 + (200 * 3 Professional ranks)||2100|
|2016_08_19 Day Job (Roll 25)||1500|
|2016_08_26 Dip into savings for armor||275|
Background & History:
Born in the Netherlands 1894 his family immigrated to the United States in 1901. Growing up in rural areas Waaler learned to hunt at a very young age to help put meat on the table. He taught himself to read and because of that the Family immigrated so that the children could get a better education and take advantage of the open opportunities America had. The family DRIFTED around the U.S. Dad eventually became a mechanic with all the new fangled technology: Steam tractors, Trains, Planes and Automobiles. Waaler learned the basics from his dad.
The Great War:
Waaler was part of the second wave of draftees. After Pershing’s basic training (Path of Con, Cross-trained Soldier) he volunteered as an Ambulance Field Service Driver. When He got to France he was assigned as an ambulance driver to the 69th Infantry Regiment. This is where he first met D’avin Hicks and got the nick name ‘Dutch’, being the first Dutch person in the formerly all Irish regiment from New York. D’avin ‘Loaned’ a ‘lucky’ trinket to the ambulance driver. They became friends and D’aven hasn’t asked for his trinket back. Dutch was wounded several times, both from artillery fragments and machine gun fire while pulling soldiers out of the line of fire and while driving the wounded back to the field hospitals.
The Somme Defensive from 21 March – 6 April 1918
During this battle the desperate German high Command used a powerful experimental hallucinogenic and psycho-active gas that was odorless and colorless. The gas initially wreaked havoc on the allied forces but the gas appeared to drift back over the German lines and had the same effect on them. unit cohesion was lost on both sides with many cases of friendly fire.
referred to as “Second Somme” by the survivors of both sides.
There was no gas. German necromancers raised zombies and used them as shock troops in their offensive. Unfortunately, they lost control and released a zombie plague instead and the zombies ravaged both sides. By the end both sides were working together… living versus the undead. Several men were decorated posthumously for strapping on bunker busters and charging the hordes after they were bitten.
General Pershing sent in the 92nd, Which included the 69th Fighting Irish, to deal with the problem. Most where just regular G.I.s, like Dutch, but Pershing knew where the HUNTERS where and when to send them in.
Post Great War
Someday it will be called PTSD, but today it is just ‘Shell-Shocked’. After the war Dutch had trouble adjusting to civilian life and then both of his parents died in 1919 during the Spanish Influenza Pandemic of 1918 D’avin and the brand new Veterans Bureau helped Dutch recover and get into medical school. He graduated Cum Laud. Through the years D’avin and Dutch have stayed in touch. Going DEER hunting or occasionally when Dutch has had to patch up D’avin.
(5 Aug 192?)
I was headed up to D’avin’s cabin to do some Deer hunting with him. Upon arriving at D’avin’s I found a delivery truck with 3 people that said D’avin had invited them to go fishing on the lake. A couple of minutes later a man walked up the drive and said he was hoping D’avin could help him out with a flat tire and an investigation into a missing persons case he was working on.
Going onto the porch we found blood and the front door ajar. When we went inside the place had been in a fight and there wasn’t any sign of D’avin. Then we found the severed hand, possible chewed off postmortem, that we thought might be D’avin’s.
While we where inside two trucks full of people pulled up outside. They where very aggressive about what we where doing at the cabin and when we said we where friends of D’avin’s they smiled and said “Good, maybe you can tell us where to find his family so we can return the favor of hunting us by hunting his family.” Or words to that effect.
Then a couple of them started to change… into bipedal Bears?!?! They advanced onto the porch with clear intent to hurt us while others flipped my wagoneer over and the delivery truck on it’s side. We managed to get into the cabin and bolt the door. We then furiously locked the kitchen door and looked for weapons.
I attempted to defuse the situation multiple times before and after the use of deadly force. They were having none of it.
More to come when I have time
Path of Con: 12
Path of Dex: 7, 5
Path of Int: 3, 8
Con bonus: +5
Campaign Bonus: +5